Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Almost there...

HELLO EVERYONE. 
So, I am starting this blog to not only keep everyone up to date with my mission paper process, my missionary fashion purchases, my random posts about whatever, my mission call, my farewell, but also someone will be updating this blog while I am on my mission to help everyone stay up to date with what I am doing, who I am baptizing-well technically who the elders are baptizing but... (fingers crossed.), and just the weekly updates from my mission for all who cares!

I have been continuously working on my mission papers since the very moment I have been able to start them circa: a week and a half ago. Let me tell you, this process has not been easy. It's not that the actual papers are hard, but we've hit some bumps in the road. 
I found out about 2 weeks ago that I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's Disease, which is when the antibodies attack my thyroid which will probably cause it to stop working eventually. To learn more: http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hashimotos-disease/basics/definition/con-20030293

WHAT.

However, I am totally relieved to find out what is actually wrong with me because I have been having problems the past 2 years and no one knew what was wrong with me. DING DING DING. We have a winner. So I was put on some meds, had some blood drawn and there we go. It's a pretty manageable disease as long as I keep taking my meds and having check ups every couple of months. Great right? Wrong.

I went to a deferent doctor to make sure this whole Hashimoto's thing was right and it wasn't something worse. Good news, it's nothing worse. Bad news, I have PCOS too.
Learn what it is: http://www.webmd.com/women/tc/polycystic-ovary-syndrome-pcos-topic-overview 
So naturally, my first question was can I have kids eventually? The answer is yes, but it will be more difficult. 
My second question was can I still go on a mission?.............yes. I can still serve a mission. 

HALLELUJAH.

So now I am on two forms of meds that are currently taking a toll on my body, but I will be fine and normal by my mission. Which will be no earlier than July 11th (availability date, holla!)

Now for the unknown question: will I have to get my wisdom teeth taken out before my mission or can it wait?

I have no idea. I'm hoping I can wait, just to I don't have to wait forever to turn in my papers, but who knows. I guess it might just be better to get them out now, but I'm stubborn so...

but we'll find out tomorrow -__-

But all in all, it's been an easy and short process...for now. Unless I have to get those teeth out. Then we might have a problem. okay, real reason I don't want them out? I'm terrified. I hate pain. I am a whiner and I will cry. 

If you have any questions I can answer in the next blog post, let me know. 

~Rachel





No comments:

Post a Comment