Monday, May 19, 2014

The Papers Are In!

I repeat. MY MISSION PAPERS ARE IN.

And now we wait. and wait. and wait. For about 2 to 3 weeks. It doesn't seem like a long time, but it is a super long time when you are waiting for a piece of paper that will change your life forever.

Think about it: This time next year, I will be a missionary. I think about that statement oh, 8 or 9 time...a day. It is constantly in my mind. My coworkers told me I looked like I was glowing today. Best compliment ever because I know it's because I'm stoked to get my call and to serve as best as I possibly can.

I am going to have a mission call opening soiree at my house when I get my call so if you'd like to come, comment, message or text me and let me know so I can contact you when it comes. It will be on a weekend so if my call comes on a weekday, I am willing to wait. You're welcome. 

If that is the case, I told my mom I wanted her to hide it from me to keep me from temptation, but let's be honest. I'll need to hide it from her because she'll open it and glue it shut again. If you have met my mother, you know this is 100% accurate.

I'm just all around happy and ready and pumped to start and go through the temple.

ohmygosh 

I finished my last temple prep class too so I will be able to go to the temple soon too.
SO MANY SPIRITUAL THINGS HAPPENING I'M SO READY.

It is still super weird knowing I am old enough to be doing all of this. You think as a kid growing up in the LDS church, "I am going to be a missionary" or "I can't wait to go to the temple" or "I can't wait to be in Relief Society"....okay, maybe that last one was a lie. Young Women's was just too fun. No offense to the wonderful ladies in Relief Society!

But now that the time has come for all three of these things, I feel like I should be 8 years old again getting ready to be baptized. I don't feel like I am 19 almost 20 and embarking on a new chapter of my life. First it was graduating high school, then it was going to college which are pretty temporal things. They are very important, don't get me wrong, but they are only for a short time here on this earth. But what I am about to do is going to affect not just my life now, but my life for the rest of eternity and that is crazy to me. I always thought my life at 19 would be planned out, going perfectly and I would have all of my ducks in a row.

NOPE.

Life came up and smacked that thought out my head super quick.

Life never happens the way you plan it to. Would that be any fun if it did? Heck nah.
If you expected everything to go the way you want it, you would never grow. You would never have a moment to feel what it's like to truly and fully live.

I will be straight up honest. I NEVER in a million years thought I would be going on a mission. I still don't know how I am going to leave my family and friends AND MUSIC. Don't even get me started. But if I hadn't experienced the things that were completely unplanned that I had to trek through and ask for help from my Father in Heaven, I would be a completely different person and definitely not on the path I am on now.

I am not perfect. I am far from it. But I know that that is okay and I can help to know the things I know and help them to know that they don't have to be perfect to feel the love of God. And that is all I need to leave my comfortable life and step into a bigger unknown than I have ever experienced.


And I am okay with that.

But yes, if you'd be interested in fun, food, friends, and mission call openings, let me know and I will let you know the details when I get my call!




No comments:

Post a Comment